Call for Proposals: 2019 Summer Residency
Enjoy is calling for applications from artists, curators and writers to our 2019 Summer Residency programme, delivered in partnership with the Rita Angus Cottage Trust.
This one-month residency from 1–28 February is an opportunity for a practitioner to develop an ambitious project to be realised with Enjoy while working in Te Whanganui-a-Tara Wellington.
Enjoy will prioritise residency project proposals that are experimental and speculative in nature. To read more about Enjoy’s Mission and Vision and the projects we have supported in the past, please visit our website at http://enjoy.org.nz/about/.
The residency includes:
- Accommodation and a studio/workspace at the historic Rita Angus Cottage, including access to all household amenities, power and wifi
- Logistical, curatorial and research support from Enjoy Staff
- $1500 stipend, plus travel to Wellington
- A subsequent project or exhibition with Enjoy in mid-2019
Located in Thorndon, the Rita Angus Cottage has considerable historical significance and was home to Angus from 1955–1970. The house and its garden feature in her work from this period, a physical reminder of the influence that these things had upon her.
How to apply:
Please submit your application as a clearly named single PDF file, and include:
- A project proposal, including aims for the residency and why it is relevant to the development of the specific project
- A short biography and CV
- Up to eight supporting images or samples of previous work
Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals are due 5 pm, Friday 9 November. You will be notified of the outcome of your proposal by 8 December.
This call runs alongside to Enjoy’s Open Call to the Future and practitioners are welcome to apply for both opportunities. Please note that the residency is only open to those living outside of Wellington City.