Job Description: Online Editor, CIRCUIT Artist Moving Image
CIRCUIT are seeking a motivated, committed individual with a background in contemporary art and the moving image to undertake a fixed term part—time role for 9 months.
The Online Editor will support the Director to commission and edit CIRCUIT editorial, formalise back of house documents for the website, and send the monthly newsletter. They will support the Director to extend the reach of CIRCUIT’s activities through social media and other networks, growing CIRCUIT’s online and in—person audience.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work independently. The candidate will have a strong attention to detail, a robust work ethic, ability to think critically and be able to contribute positively within a small team dedicated to supporting artists. They will have a proven track record across contemporary social media platforms.
They may also be asked to undertake other duties as reasonably required by the Director.
The Online Editor will report to the Director. The ideal candidate will be based in Wellington and work in the CIRCUIT office. Consideration will be given to outstanding candidates based outside of Wellington who can work remotely.
In 2024 CIRCUIT will seek to expand this role to a full—time position dependent on funding raised over 2023.
The Online Editor will work with the Director to undertake the following duties:
• research and commission writers, essays and podcasts
• edit essays, synopses, bios and website information
• refine house style for the artist bios, synopses
• backfill legacy content to new website design
• annual update of artist bios
• contact artists to request contextual information for website
• upload digital video and stills to website
• database entry
• management of back of house records
Social Media / Communication
• establish a social media strategy
• post to CIRCUIT’s soc med accounts
• write and send monthly newsletter
• an established interest in contemporary art
• a strong interest in the moving image
• ability to engage in critical thinking
• a high standard of written and spoken English
• ability to proofread and edit text
• a proven track record in social media
• enthusiasm, interpersonal skills, self-motivation and flexibility
• IT, administrative and secretarial skills
• attention to detail
• time management skills, ability to keep to deadlines
• ability to work well with others and show initiative
Founded in 2012, CIRCUIT Artist Moving Image Aotearoa New Zealand is a non-profit arts agency that supports New Zealand artists working in the moving image. We:
• commission new artworks
• distribute artworks to galleries, film festivals, and online
• commission and publish critical essays, interview, podcasts
• present Symposia and other professional development activities
• Te Tiriti o Waitangi is the founding document of Aotearoa New Zealand and CIRCUIT is committed to the principles of biculturalism and partnership between tangata whenua and tauiwi that Te Tiriti articulates
• Art that explores new modes of making and engages with diverse communities and discourses adds value to contemporary society
• Digital technologies allow artists to build audiences and engagement with their work
• Artists should be paid for the exhibition of their work
• Critical conversations extend the reach and understanding of artists’ work
$35 p/hr @ 14 hours per week
Term of Employment
28 March—15 Dec 2023
How to Apply
Send a CV and Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position to: Mark Williams, email@example.com by 12pm midday, Monday 6 March 2023.
Please send any other enquiries about the position to the above contact.