CIRCUIT is looking for a skilled and experienced Treasurer to join the Board of our non-profit arts organisation. As Treasurer, you will be responsible for oversight, ensuring that we remain financially stable and compliant with relevant regulations. Day to day financial management, and the preparation and the final submission of reports to our funders, IRD, Charities Commission etc will be undertaken by The Director and Accountant. Final sign off will be given by the Treasurer.
Key Treasurer responsibilities include:
• Attending four quarterly Board meetings, reporting on the organisation's financial position.
• Confirming that CIRCUIT is compliant with relevant tax and regulatory requirements.
• Ensuring budgets are accurate and meet applicable accounting best practice, and reporting requirements for funders
• Working with the board of directors and executive team to develop a reserves and working capital strategy.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience in financial management, preferably within a non-profit organisation.
• Knowledge of accounting and financial principles and practices.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy and integrity.
If you are a dedicated financial professional looking to make a difference in the arts community, we invite you to join our team.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position to Mark Williams email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
CIRCUIT is an arts agency based in Wellington with a national and international reach. We support New Zealand artists working in the moving image through commissioning of new works, new writing and professional development activities. We are supported by Creative New Zealand, the arts council of New Zealand.
Read more about CIRCUIT here.